Rating module is intended for registration of the adjustments necessary for calculation of telecom services cost, and management of these adjustments.
Tariff selection procedure
Tariff of service depends on:
- service type;
- time of day;
- day of week;
- day type (holiday, day-off, etc.);
- set of QoS (Quality of Service, depending on service type);
- tariff zone, which depends on service-based parameter set;
- geographical location of subscriber (roaming).
Tariff zone for fixed, mobile or VoIP telephony depends on:
- modified A-number for incoming calls;
- modified B-number for outgoing calls;
- call type;
- switch service flags.
Tariff zone for data transfer service depends on:
- Source IP-address;
- Source port;
- Destination IP-address;
- Destination port;
- Protocol type;
- APN (Access Point Name)
Value-added services rating is supported:
- GPRS/WAP (data transfer service for GSM/3G);
- SMS (Short Messaging Service);
- MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service);
- LCS (Location-Based Services);
- Push-To-Talk (Voice&SMS confernce messaging);
- MBMS (Multimedia Brodcasting Messaging Service);
- Any type of RADIUS/DIAMETER-rated services.
The system calculates price of service based on following amounts:
- Session/call duration;
- Downloading data volume;
- Uploading data volume;
- Total data volume;
- Service-depending amount (messages number, packets number, files number etc.);
Service amount may be rounded (e.g. call duration may be converted from seconds to minutes).
Local modifier setup tariff dependence on service amount for current session. Examples:
- First 3 secounds by call are free of charge;
- First minute of call costs $0.05, next minutes costs $0.04 per munite.;
- First 1Кб of data during session is free of charge.
Global modifier setup some bonus depending on total service volume per day or per month. Examples:
- Bundles: first 100 minutes per month are free of charge (be charged as subscription fee), over limit tariff is $0.05/min.;
- First 10 SMS per day are free of charge;
- Telescope tariff plan: first 500 MB per month costs 0.10$/mb, next 500 МB costs 0.08$/mb, etc.;
The feature allows to set special tariff depends on set of parameters linked to subscriber. Examples:
- Preferred Numbers (discount for calls on numbers set by subscriber);
- Group modifier (discount depending on corporate client subscribers number);
- Group Tariff (discount for calls between corporate client subscribers);
One-time and periodic services.
The system allows to link some logical services to subscribers. Services may be charged one-time, daily, monthly etc. Logical services may be connected to switch services or RADIUS / DIAMETER attributes.